Sunday, March 12, 2023

RootsTech: United with the Expo Hall

Although we have had a virtual expo hall for the last two years (and there is also one this year), I have really missed wandering around the in-person Expo Hall. There is a great atmosphere there, and it has always been one of my favourite aspects of RootsTech.

Although smaller than the last few in-person conferences, it did not disappoint. Most of the major players were there (why were you missing Findmypast?), along with some new ones, and some previous ones who now took a bigger part.

There were the usual in-booth demos and special offers. I did manage to get around all the booths I was interested in, but didn't get to spend as much time as I'd have liked to have done as for the first time I had my own booth (Cite-Builder - the citation generator for genealogists) and was also giving three talks.
















Disclaimer: As a RootsTech Influencer I receive complimentary admission to the event, invitations to some extra events and dinners and a free registration to give to one of my readers. I bear the cost of my return airfares from Australia and pay for my accommodation and meals.



No comments:

Post a Comment